A 15-YearOld Boy Captures Incredibly Clear Photo of Saturn & Its Iconic -Rings Using A Telescope In His Back Garden

A 15-year-old boy, from Seaford, East Sussex, has succeed in capturing an overwhelming picture of Saturn with a telescope in his back garden that several experienced astronomers would be arrogant of. Marcus Reed manage to take this clear image of the gas giant, including its complete rings, using a 102mm diameter reflector telescope. According to Marcus Reed, he stay up until 4am, using an iPhone app called Sky Guide to locate the gas huge planet in the sky.

He said: “I take the picture at about four in the morning. I had turned on the app and saw that Saturn was visible, so straight absent I put my slippers on and ran downstairs, setting up my telescope on the back lawn in my pyjamas. I was pleasantly astonished when I looked back and saw I had such a clear picture - Saturn is my favourite planet. 'I have been involved in astronomy and photography for a long time, and I actually enjoy it - I use my telescope each night when it's clear.” 

A 15-YearOld Boy Captures Incredibly Clear Photo of Saturn & Its Iconic -Rings Using  A Telescope In His Back Garden
The Gas Giant Saturn, is the sixth planet from the sun and as well the second largest in the solar system. Saturn has been experiential by astronomers in the night's sky because ancient times.
Tom Kerss, an astronomer at the Royal-Observatory in Greenwich, said: “Marcus has done a unbelievable job at capture the view of Saturn we might see with our eyes using a good beginner’s -telescope. 

 The familiar rings are obviously seen encircling the gas giant, which as of this month is increasing before the Sun.

At the present time one of Saturn’s poles appear to be covered by its rings, which are additional inclined from our viewpoint, but in 7 years or so Saturn will once more look as Marcus has captured it here.”
Previous
Next Post »